Monday, August 10, 2009

those aren't pillows

John Hughes died last week on August 6. He was a household name back in the eighties. Hughes had a long string of blockbuster hits throughout the eighties - from SIXTEEN CANDLES to HOME ALONE movies. My favorite movies of his are FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF, UNCLE BUCK and TRAINS, PLANES, & AUTOMOBILES. There are many comedies that he wrote and or directed that were excellent comedies. There are so few funny comedies out today that are truly funny. John brought us so many laughs.

By the time the nineties rolled around, John Hughes had pretty much left the director's chair. His most recent work was in DRILL BIT TAYLOR in which he wrote the story. A movie that I have yet to see. I have to be kind of picky with the movies I go to the cinema to watch these days. It's kind of expensive and I have to be picky. Back in the day, I would go watch any movie that John Hughes produced. I'm sure each of you have a favorite Hughes film.

No comments: