Wednesday, July 17, 2013

christian brothers


i was missing something
i had once
fellowship
genuine fellowship
brotherhood
comradery
laughter
music
encouragement
once we were a band of brothers
together
taking on the road
taking on the world
together
brothers
i look back
not quite understanding
where it all faded
where the journey together ended
grew up
spread out
moved on
to other roads
to other avenues
other places
each our own individual walk
lives part and carry on
only remnants now
only warm memories
from when we walked side by side
praying together
fighting together
standing together
 of common heart
of common mind
of service
now apart
on our own roads
i look back
i see where those early days
with you all
helped me
taught me
raised me
to be the man
i am

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your poem but I must insist that I had nothing to do with you loosing your hair. I swear it's not contagious. don peters

David Finlayson said...

funny guy