Sunday, February 3, 2013

hot and bland


My Uncle and Aunt G.W. & Ina Chunn had Chunn's Lake in Hokes Bluff, Alabama.  I spent a lot of time there as a kid in the late '60's and early '70's.  My cousin Eric Chunn and I were pretty close in age.  We enjoyed each other's company.  I stayed many Summer days and nights with the Chunns.  Their lake was awesome.   It was a pretty big lake with a nice platform in the center of it.  They had lots of old tire inner-tubes to loll around on in the water.  They also had a nice dance hall with a juke in the corner.  There was always something to do around the lake.  Eric and I had lots of time and space to get into mischief.

If we ever needed anything to eat, which was inevitable, Eric would round up some grub at the snack bar.  It's the first time I ever had a Stewart Sandwich.  It was an amazing experience, a pre-fab sandwich that was toasted in a special Stewart oven.  They also introduced a PIZZA.  Imagine that!

The thing is, the sandwiches or the pizza weren't very good. I didn't think they tasted all that great, just something to eat.  It was special in it's own way.  It's funny remembering how exciting mediocrity could be as a kid.

It's all in presentation.

Stewart Sandwich Infra-Red Oven

No comments: