Friday, November 13, 2009

thanks

I was listening to some of Rush's show yesterday as he talked about the Boy Scouts. It brought to mind not just the good memories, but many of the things Boy Scouts taught me. I was a member of Troop 54 up on Noccalula Mountain. Milton Smitherman was our scoutmaster. He was a sweet fellow. Both he and Johnny Bryd are gone now. Johnny participated in a great many of our outings. I had some great friends back then: James Harp, Mark Condra, Jim Young, Kevin & Dean Smith. I didn't make it to Eagle - perhaps I should have - I was too busy having a good time. I did make it to Star. The levels just didn't really matter to me back then. I was focused on being with my buddies and all those exploits. I appreciate the scouts, what they did for me all those years ago. Thanks Milton.
The Scout Oath On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

No comments: