Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sandbox of Iwo Jima

 Sgt. John M. Stryker
John Wayne in Sands of Iwo Jima


Golly-Gee, I would have loved this action figure when I was a kid.  Who am I kidding?  I'd still like to have this one.  I remember as a kid being in a five & dime (what is now Gadsden Variety) downtown and seeing a Johnny West action figure for the first time.  I at first mistook it for a John Wayne figure.  His first name was John and he had some of The Duke's facial features...at least I thought so as a kid.  It's the only reason I eventually asked for it...even though I didn't care to play with cowboy toys.  My favorite toys as a kid were G.I. Joes.  Why didn't Hasbro think about selling a John Wayne action figure in the day?  They would have sold a ga-zillion of them.  It would've been my most favorite toy of all.
Post a Comment