Sunday, December 23, 2012

traditions


When I was young, we had Christmas traditions.  Every Christmas holiday seemed to unfold the same way surrounded by the same familiar faces.  As time passed, traditions faded, new traditions established to later change again.

For quite sometime now, I find myself without Christmas traditions.  Each Christmas holiday season, every day seems to be just a reaction to what is transpiring immediately around me at each moment.  Most days I don't know how to respond other than try to go along with the flow of whatever happens next.

With a crazy economy, we have less to give.  With much sickness, we have less time and energy to think about having a Christmas like the ones we used to know - or would like to know.  I feel like a deer in a headlight these days.  I miss the tradition, but have little time for it.  I'm a little lost.  All I know to do is seize each day for what it's worth and enjoy the warmth of home and the love of family.
Post a Comment