Saturday, May 11, 2013

Holy crappy movie Batman!


My ten year old daughter was wanting to watch something on Netflix.  Kelsey likes superheros.  She likes for me to include various superhero characters in made-up bedtime stories.   I was kind of striking out on shows she hand not seen.  I asked her if she had ever seen the old Batman TV show or the Batman movie (1966) that I watched when I was a kid. "No sir."  Okay, here we go!

I was not sure she would enjoy the old Batman. The old Batman was kind of a square character, not the Dark Knight young folk are familiar with seeing today.  I didn't think Kelsey would appreciate the campy version of The Dynamic Duo of yesterday.

I couldn't find the old television show Netflix, but the Batman movie was available.  She LOVED it!  I think she enjoyed the old Batman just as much as I did when I was her age.  It is a terrible movie to endure as an adult.  I did enjoy watching her get into it.

She chuckled when she first beheld The Penguin's giant penguin secret-submarine.  She laughed at Batman trying to run this way and that with a bomb that was about to explode.  She giggled to see Cat Woman grooming herself and making noises like a real kitty.  She thought the Batcopter, the Batboat and the Batmobile were awesome.  I must admit, I think the original Batmobile is still pretty awesome too.

She wants to see more and I guess I'll have to run to the store some bat-time and find her a few bat-seasons of the television show.

No comments: