Monday, April 28, 2008

let's play cowboys & native americans

True, we didn't have PC back in the good old days. We not only had plastic Cowboys and Indians...we had FORT APACHE! Fort Apache was a play-set made by Marx. I believe Michael Bynum's sons (Chad & Josh) gave him a set a re-issue of this awesome play-set some Christmas' back.
Marx Toys also made some Cowboy and Indian 12" action figures that were pretty cool. I had Johnny West and General Custard - but they never fought Injuns with them. I just wasn't into Cowboys & Indians...unless that is when John Wayne was fighting them. My Johnny West and Gen. Armstorng Custard had to settle for Nazis.
"Mind if I borrow that machine gun Joe?"

1 comment:

Greene Street Letters said...

You're right, I do have a FORT APACHE play set and me and my grandson, Tyler have spent hours with it. He's not really into killing at this time, too young. But we still have a time with adventures of all types.
mb