Tuesday, April 29, 2008

we didn't have mp3

Back in the 60's, we had this thing called the portable transistor radio. I had one, as well as a little ear phone to jam to the oldies...of course back then...the oldies were still new.

Radio stations back weren't country stations, rock and roll stations, etc. You'd tune into listen to music and you got to hear Johnny Cash, Ray Stevens, The Beatles, Tennessee Ernie Ford, The Who, The Four Tops, Burle Ives, Bob Dylan, Henry Mancini, and Peter Paul & Mary. You heard it all without having to tune to different channels.

Back when I was going to R.A. Mitchell, I'd carry my transistor radio in my book satchell. I thought having a transistor radio was hot stuff back then.

3 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

Transisitor Radio's...
Wait.
I had an "8" Transisitor Radio. I didn't know what that meant at the time but I knew it was cool x 2.
I would lay in my bed at night with the ear piece in listening to stations.
On a good night I could listen to WLS Out of Chicago and WWL out of New Orleans.
Man..that was the best.
mb

David Finlayson said...

wasn't it though

Anonymous said...

David, you should try to find a song by Lionel Cartright called "I Watched It All On The Radio". You would definitely identify with it.