Sunday, June 29, 2008

sisters sisters

This is Jennie Wait Finlayson and her big sister Brooky. I think if you were to approach Brook about this early transvestite image he would insist that he was wearing a kilt. True-true Brook, we are of Scottish descent - but what about the bonnie bonnet that's perched upon thy head?

I think it fortunate that Brook straighten up his act and took up manlier hobbies later in life. His earliest interest (after dress up of course) were automobiles, small foreign cars, and later guns, guns, guns (till daddy took the TEC-9 away). I remember at nights, I'd plead with him to please turn off the light. He'd be leaning up at the headboard reading Road & Track or praying over his Shooter's Bible. Brooky then took up photography as a hobby. He was quite good at it too. It was by then the late sixties and he even knew how to roll his on - 35mm that is. What other hobby...oh yes...he picked up playing his guitar along the way. I don't recall him buying all the guitar magazines like he did the car, gun, and photo mags. He'd listen to The Who, Clapton, and B-B King.

I don't think Brook has changed that much over the years. He has a little Miata that he sports around town. He likes to work on carbines and plays a pretty mean guitar. I think he's pretty much the same, a little older and hopefully out-grown the dress.

But if you see him in one...I would think twice about mentioning it. No telling what he might have packing in his purse.

2 comments:

Brook said...

I think I look pretty good there except for the shoes. I never really paid attention to shoes. And accessories. They make all the difference. But aren't we all glad I was born in the fifties instead of the sixties? Coulda been a miniskirt there (shudder).

David Finlayson said...

lol