Tuesday, October 21, 2008

haunted bank

Our family had the sweetest neighbors living next to us on Scenic Hwy. Cindy and I made many trips to and from Bud and Marcella Lawley's homw. Cindy seemed to almost adopt them as her second parents. They didn't have kids and loved on her down through the decades. They were sweet folk.

During one of our trips next door, the Lawley's had purchased gifts for Cindy and myself. I don't remember what gift they gave Cindy, but I do remember what they gave me. I happened upon the above haunted bank. Still to this day Cindy talks about that cool bank. She wanted it and was quite upset at the time that I got the bank and not her. I can understand the haunted bank envy. It was incredible. You put a coin at the door step of the bank - a porch light comes on and a tiny spectre comes to the door and snatches it. It was so very creepy and cool.

Cindy mentioned that gift the other day. I don't know what I did with that old bank. Wish I still had it.

No comments: