Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wonderful World of Disney

COLOR-color-color-color

Walt Disney's The Wonderful World of Color!

I looked forward to every Sunday night and watch young Kurt Russell, Tommy Kirk, or Ron Howard face many spine tingling adventures. I didn't care for the wilderness shows (The Living Desert / Vanishing Prairie). I know of many who did. I liked the historical adventures or the full length feature films and animation. There's nothing that Disney Channel can put on television today that can equal the greatness and goodness of The Wonderful World of Disney. Someone needs to thaw out good ol' uncle Walt's head and let him set them straight!

3 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

Being a good Baptist and yet still a little boy....Sunday nights were terrible at my house. My mother expected...no..she demanded that I go to Training Union on Sunday nights. I can't tell you the number of strange illnesses I came down with on Sunday afternoon to keep from going to church. Wonderful World of Disney was the devil's plot to keep me from church.....

mb

David Finlayson said...

Training Union? I haven't heard that one in a long time. With a name like that - it's got to be good jam.

Training Union. They made no pretense to even try to make it sound like kids might glean some fun from the evening. Training Union sounds like something you'd not only want to excape from but might very well have to dig under barbed wire fences to boot! The name seems like there might even be uniforms involved. You did right to escape that dank-dark world for the wonderful world of color. Watch out for those spot lights brother - I'll meet you on the other side. Uncle Walt will be there to show us the way!

Greene Street Letters said...

You Vill N-joy this Program!This Training Union....ONe for all and all for the cause...training in union.
Mach Snell! Valt Disney is the creation of Bourgouis Minds...
mb