Sunday, October 25, 2009

Astro Boy (1963)

Astro Boy was my first experience with Japanese animation. I loved this show as a kid. The show had a very unusual look and sound to it. There was no syncing the American voices to the animation. It didn't hurt the show in the least. As a kid,I anticipated each episode.

There's a great article on the history of Astro Boy at http://scifiblock.com/feature-articles/beginners-guide-to-astro-boy.htm

Astro Boy was the first television show to have aired outside of Japan. The show possesses the same familiar aesthetics of what is now recognized as anime. I loved the old television show and wondered what ever happened to the little super robot boy. I think I'll take my girls to see the new movie. I don't know if it will be any good or not . I hope it will.

No comments: