Wednesday, November 26, 2008

dun dun DUN dun DUN dun DUN dun - wah wah...

Peter Gunn. It was film noir for television which ran from 1958-61. The show began with - of course - The Peter Gunn theme by Henry Mancinni. You'll remember the theme from The Blues Brothers. Craig Stevens played the hip Gunn - a little more suave than Sam Spade or Philip Marlow. I was much too young to enjoy the show - seeing how I was born the year that it first aired. I've seen very little of it growing up. From what I've seen - it only makes me want to see more.

2 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

Peter Gunn..
Great show...
Seems like TV ran in cycles.
Cop shows/ Detective shows, every network had a ton of them.
Then The Westerns came along...
Every network had a ton of them.

Some cop/detective shows:
Surfside 6
Bourbon Street Beat
77 Sunset Strip
Tightrope
Richard Diamond
Burke's Law

all really good shows.
mb

David Finlayson said...

Yesterday Brook let me borrow a collection of DVD's that he bought of old shows. Peter Gunn and Burke's Law were among them. I look forward to watch them.