Thursday, November 20, 2008

i can't believe it

Keith Greene came along and really burned bright for that short while. It was during a time a lot of Christian artist were trying to be some kind of spiritual "pop star". Keith was a star - but he turned the attention to The Son.

Keith Green didn't just bring talent, witty lyrics to his audience - he brought a realness and passion - he came with The Word.

I remember getting to ride down as part of the sound crew for my first ever Keith Green concert. I had no idea who the guy was - I was just looking forward to get out with my Christian brothers and hear whoever this Green guy was playing down in Birmingham. The moment Keith's fingers hit keys - he had my attention from then on. He was very passionate about his walk - and the evening was fun and animated.

Back when I was first put over the Christian Brother's Coffeehouse (1976ish), Keith's music was almost always in the background before, between, and after sets. The energy, the Spirt, and the message, to me, was in sync with what was going on at our little coffee house at the time.

No comments: