Friday, May 28, 2010

School's Out!


School's Out

I didn't care for Alice Cooper, but his 1972 'School's Out' captured the souring feeling I had when Summer rolled around.  I loved getting away from school. The YouTube clip above is from the 1993 movie 'Dazed & Confused', which was supposed to take place in 1976. I graduated from Emma Sansom High School (Gadsden, AL) back in 1977.  This is a great song. 

"Inspired by the question "What's the greatest three minutes of your life," Cooper and guitarist Glen Buxton worked to capture the last few minutes before the bell rings and the explosion of anarchic joy that follows."  -K. Thor Jensen

 The song always captured the joy that I felt.

By the way, did any of you know that Alice Cooper is a Christian?

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I graduated from high school 1976. Dazed and Confused is a good description of our class!