Friday, May 2, 2008

birthdays in macon, ga

I recall many of my birthdays (08/19) being spent at my uncle Pat's house in Macon, GA. This photo I believe is the first birthday party I spent there. It must be that mid-August just worked out best for dad to close shop for a few days to enjoy the Fall in Georgia. I happen to remember that birthday and that little yellow jeep.

As time passed, the Fall Macon visits usually ended up being just Dad, Mom and me. One year Pat, Dad, Mom and I went to the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Baily Circus. The whole event was pretty surreal for a kid. It was a great time. I remember one year (1971) they asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I said that I wanted to go to the drive-in. Yes, I was a drive-in addict back then too. The movie Willard was the big horror flick that all my friends were talking about. After finding out what the movie was about - Dad decided that we should go see Bedknobs & Broomsticks instead. Bedknobs was okay - but I really wanted to see those trained rats eat people. Being a parent now - I can understand their decision.

4 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

What are you talking about?
BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS had Nazi's and possessed Armor that marched around to fight. ON the downside it also had that MARRY POPPIN'S Wanna be...Angela Lansbury.

mb

David Finlayson said...

True...I like it when Nazi's get it but it's different when Walt Disney fights the Nazi's.

Brook said...

It is best when Tarzan fights the Nazis.

David Finlayson said...

"NOW TARZAN MAKE WAR WITH NAZIS!!!"