Sunday, August 24, 2008

of Terminators

It's been well over twenty years since the first James Cameron's The Terminator movie was released. Back in 1984, The Terminator instantly became on of my all time favorite SciFi movies. There have been three movies to date with a fourth, SALVATION, on it's way to theaters.

Earlier this month I ran across The Sarah Conner Chronicles on Fox. The entire first season had passed by without my noticing. I was expecting to be disappointed with the show, doubting that it would measure up to the original big screen stories. I wasn't disappointed - I am hooked. Through out the month I've had my DVR busy recording all the episodes of the first season so I could catch up. It is a great show - the first made for television science fiction to capture my attention in a very long time.

The second season starts this September. I'll be off at school most evenings but will wearing out my DVR feature on a very regular basis now that I've got a favorite television show. I think the last time I had a favorite show was Star Trek: The Next Generation. Before that, it was The Rockford Files.

2 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

I was skeptical also.
I watched the first season and was instantly a fan. The scripts were crisp and well written. The effects were there. It was just a new take to fill in the holes of the complete story that started back in 84.
Glad you're on board...
mb

David Finlayson said...

most definitely

"Come with me if you want to watch good TV"