Thursday, August 28, 2008

the texico fire helmet

Here's a toy that wasn't found in toy departments. This fire helmet could be purchased at your friendly local Texaco filling station. It was a very sturdy piece of head gear that was pretty hefty in weight when worn. It had a built in microphone that allowed a kid to amplify commands through out the neighborhood. I wore this toy out.

The only bad thing about playing fireman is the fact that there were never any fires to put out. That's why I learned to play with matches and lighter fluid - to give me an opportunity to save the day with my Texaco Fire Chief helmet and a garden hose.

2 comments:

Darryl said...

I suspect if you had a fire helmet like that today, you'd be out there starting (and putting out) fires as we speak . . . er, type.

David Finlayson said...

you got that right