Saturday, May 23, 2009

Conjunction Junction

School House Rock aired from 1973 to 1986 on Saturday mornings when kids were watching their favorite cartoons. These educational and very entertaining cartoons taught math, grammar, history, economics, science and more.

A few minutes ago Katie was working on her homework and asked me what a conjunction was. My mind quickly sped back 30+ years and the song Conjunction Junction immediately started playing in my head. I was sitting next to the computer here at work and quickly went to Youtube and typed in Conjunction Junction. I told Katie to come and sit by me for a quick lesson in conjunctions. She said, "I know what you're doing dad - I remember that."

These little animation shorts are cleaver and fun to watch. Maybe seeing this video will bring back some memories for you - as well as help you brush up on your grammar.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I loved these commercials as a kid!!