Monday, May 18, 2009

leisure suits everywhere

Leisure suits came into fashion around the mid-seventies and didn't make it past 1979. I never wore a leisure suit - nor did I ever want to. Leisure suits were for disco dancing fools, sleazy lounge lizards, and Baptist preachers. I never saw the attraction. Leisure attire to me back then was a pair of faded blue jeans and a t-shirt. If I wanted to make it into a leisure suit - I'd simply slip on my corduroy jacket. It was comfortable and I didn't have to look like a Ken doll.

I will admit that I did have some shirts with big collars. Remember the big collars of the seventies? Heck - you could hang glide wearing those shirts.

2 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

lounge lizzard and Baptist Pastors all in the same breath....
Wow! David...you are cutting edge.
mb
by the way...I never owned a leisure suit either.

David Finlayson said...

I sure would like to have seen you in a leisure suit...powder blue!