Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pressing On

I was thinking of Dylan's PRESSING ON today. It was from his SAVED album.

"Years ago they ... said I was a prophet. I used to say, "No I'm not a prophet" they say "Yes you are, you're a prophet." I said, "No it's not me." They used to say "You sure are a prophet." They used to convince me I was a prophet. Now I come out and say Jesus Christ is the answer. They say, "Bob Dylan's no prophet." They just can't handle it."

Dylan released three Christian albums, SLOW TRAIN COMING (1979), SAVED (1980), and SHOT OF LOVE (1981). Slow Train was a critical hit. Saved got mixed reviews but I love the album.

The Jesus Movement of the seventies had a big influence on my life. I never understood why they took the name of Jesus out of the music and turned it to CCM. To me, most of all the music that followed was more about the industry rather than the movement. It was nice while it lasted.

PRESSING ON a beautiful song that I'm going to learn to sing in the very near future.

No comments: