Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Walmart special

Okay, this is the Stuart tank that was being sold at Walmart a couple of years ago. Somebody bought one and added a little realism to it. No - I'm pretty sure the sound f/x were dubbed in. If it really made the tank noise...I would have spent the money and dealt with my wife's wrath.

The only down side to having only girls...is that I can't justify buying expensive boy toys (literal boy toys). Sure, we can spend $125.00 on a life size Barbie that my girls never played with - but a tank is out of the question.

I think this toy would make for a great defense if I ever was exposed to radiation and shrunk to G.I. Joe size (see yesterday's post) The up side is that I would have an olive drab wardrobe waiting for me if ever I get small.

3 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

I'm with you....
If it sounded like this, I would have snatched up one in an instant.
Imagine haveing a company assault unit comprised of 10 -15 of these tanks supported by a platoon of G.I. Joe's......awesome...
mb

Brook said...

I saw one of these in the damaged/clearance corner in a Sam's about a year ago. I tried to get a price from somebody, but nobody could tell me. I'm a tank guy and I have been a sucker for a Stuart ever since The Haunted Tank comics. That one was the classic, early M3, called the Honey by the Brits--who were the first to use them when we sent them Lend-Lease to North Africa before we were even in the war. This one is the M5 with the sloped front armor. Same 37mm "antitank" gun what wouldn't stop a tank in 1942, let alone a Mark IV, Panther, or Tiger after D-day. Still, I like 'em better than Shermans. I don't know why. Did you ever see the one that sat out beside Bowman Salvage?

David Finlayson said...

Yes, that guy had a DUKW too!