Friday, June 19, 2009

creepy crawlers

I posted about Mattel's Creepy Crawlers in an earlier post. I ran across this old commercial that I remember well. Having an endless supply of fake spiders and snakes came in real handy in my household. I had four sisters. Imagine selling a hot plate toy to kids. I had one of these babies and can't tell you how many times I got burned.

Cool toy.

The Creepy Crawler hot plate was a devise that you could use with other toys - like little green army men for instance. If perchance you captured a Nazi and needed him to talk - all you had to do was put him in the hot seat...I mean hot plate. I used the hot plate long after I ran out of Plasti-Goop.

I am sure that these things sure would come in handy at such wonderful information retrieving establishments like Abu ghraib.

1 comment:

Greene Street Letters said...

Kind of like the wood burning kit.
let's see...a pointed piece of metal that has an electrical cord attached and heats to over 500000degrees. Yep..sounds like a kid toy to me..
mb