Tuesday, June 9, 2009

no jive jesus is alive

The No Jive Jesus Is Alive Falls Festival 1977 was Christian Brothers Association's first music festival endeavor. The first festival wasn't held where the stage is today, but rather on a stage that was deeper into Noccalula Park - just beyond the Pioneer Village and the Botanical Gardens. It was my favorite spot for the festival - better than the newer stage we were moved to by 1979. We had John Michael and Terry Talbot here for that event - but the local talent was just as good. That's what I liked about our old festivals - we offered a spotlight on the local guys too. New Wine, Christian Brothers Band, Melody, Little Children, Rick Shirley, Psalm and Mark & Smiley. It was a great celebration that was held on August 19th & 20th. It was the year I graduated high school and the nineteenth was my birthday. I had plenty of reason to celebrate that busy weekend.

2 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

I wished I could have been there for the early festivals. I came along later and caught the tail end of them.
mb

David Finlayson said...

They were good times and you would have fit right in. I will tell you that the times we've had since - have been far better.

Thank you for approaching me that day along time ago - asking to sing with me. What a great ride.