Friday, February 27, 2009

who loves ya baby

Telly Savalas could act - but yet another actor that should have stayed out of the recording studio. Telly was a big star in the seventies with his lolly-pop-sucking-detective character Kojak. So tell me - was there ever a television star from the 60's and 70's that didn't try to record an album?

The Kojak series had a pretty good run - five years. The show went over big in Brazil. Savalas remained such a big star in Brazil, that the name "Kojak" became Brazilian slang for "Brave Man" through out the 70's and 80's.

Personally, I like to use the term John Wayne when I am referring to someone as being brave - such as - "That was so very John Wayne of you to come out of the closet like that Antwan!"

Kojak wasn't my favorite character of Telly's. I liked him in his sick-o role in movie The Dirty Dozen as well as his character in Battle Of The Bulge.

No comments: